If you want to volunteer with us and work with our children and young people, you will need a current DBS certificate. There is no charge for volunteers to get a disclosure through the DBS. You can now go on to the online system to create and complete an application.
Once you’ve completed your application, the next stage will be to take your ID along to your group or District Membership Secretary to be witnessed. Your Membership Secretary will then go on to the online system, verify your application and send it off for processing.
What you need
- You have to become a member of Woodcraft Folk — if you’ve not already done this then please start the process by registering with Groop.
- Create and complete a DBS application on First Advantage Online Registration.
- District Organisation PIN — if you’re unsure of your District’s PIN, check on our list
- Woodcraft Folk’s code word — this will be given to you by your local Membership Secretary or is available by emailing Folk Office Staff at email@example.com
- Your identity documents (passport, driving licence, utility bill etc)
Further guidance can be found in the How To Get Started document provided by First Advantage.
A different process exists to handle applications by transgender volunteers – to find out more visit the Sensitive Applications page.
Woodcraft Folk can subscribe you to the DBS Update Service, which will enable us to renew your certificate automatically, and also enable your status to be checked by other organisations you work with without needing to apply again. To do this you need to give Woodcraft Folk your permission by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org once you’ve completed your application.
If you have a DBS certificate processed by another organisation and have already subscribed to the Update Service Scheme you can use this disclosure with us. Read our Update Service guidance for more information.
If you have any difficulties with the First Advantage system please contact:
Helpdesk Telephone: 0845 251 5000 (calls cost 3p per minute plus your network charges)
Opening Times: 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday
For any other questions about DBS and Membership contact the membership team by emailing email@example.com.