- Somebody is chosen to be the spider – they stand in the centre of the room.
- The spider is allowed to “pivot” around on one foot, but cannot stray from the spot.
- The remaining players run back and forth across the room, trying to get as close to the spider as they can without being caught.
- Anybody who is “tug” takes hands with the spider, thus starting a chain, which grows as more and more people are caught.
- It is possible to play with several spiders in different places.
This game will only work if the players take sufficient “risks” for the spider to catch people!