Get the children into three groups, each of which will move round each station.
The three stations are as follows:
- Braille – Make your name in Braille using the point of a pencil or pen and polystyrene tiles to make holes in. Decipher the message written in Braille already.
- Sign language – Each person mimes the book, film or programme written on one of the pieces of paper to the group. Look at the sign language alphabet and learn how to sign your name.
- Telephones – Make your own ‘string phone’ and test it out.
Circletime Discussion Points
- Was the Braille and sign language easy or hard to understand?
- Who would use Braille, and who would use sign language?
- Is it important to be able to communicate?