Firstly, divide into groups to act out the following scenarios. You are just given the beginning of each situation. You will need to work out a way to co-operate to solve the problems, and then finish acting out the story. Explain that when people co-operate together, the aim is that everyone benefits as we can achieve more together than alone.
- A brother and sister are having a fight because they both want to use the bike. The boy wants to ride to his friend’s house, and the girl wants to go to the shops to buy a drink.
- One farmer has a river running through her farm. Her tractor has broken down and she cannot afford to mend it. The farmer next door is short of water, and his crops are dying. He has a tractor.
- An old man is unable to clean the windows in his house because he is too frail to climb up his ladder. The woman who lives next door needs a ladder to reach the apples to pick from her tree.
Circletime Discussion Points:
- What are the benefits of working in a co-operative way?
- What are the drawbacks?
- What would the world be like if everyone worked co-operatively?