- Divide into two roughly even teams – these stand at opposite ends of the hall, arms outstretched.
- One player from team A goes to team B and touches three of the out- stretched hands.
- When the third hand is touched, the player from team A attempts to run back to their own side without being tug by the owner of the third hand.
- If tug, the player becomes a “prisoner of the third hand” and has to stand behind them.
- If the player “challenges” successfully however, the “third hand” becomes their prisoner and stands behind team A.
- A player from team B then takes a turn to issue the challenge.
- Prisoners are released each time a member of their side is successful.
It is quite possible that this game will not reach any conclusive finish!