Sit in a large circle. The leader should stay outside the circle.
The leader explains that they are going to read out a number of statements. If a young person feels that the statement applies to them, they should get up and swap positions with someone else in the circle who has also got up. If a young person is the only person to get up, they should receive a round of applause and then re-take their seat.
Some possible statements are given below, but these can be adapted to suit the group:
- I have lived in more than one country
- I like to go on Tik Tok
- I have been blamed for something I didn’t do
- I have religious parents
- I believe in God
- I read my horoscope
- I support a football team
- I regularly recycle
- I am proud to be from (insert place).
Try to end on a statement which includes everyone, such as:
- I like coming to Venturers