Woodcraft Folk are pleased to announce recent funding success — SIX successful European Solidarity Corps volunteer placements. The scheme is funded by Erasmus+ and will support the following placements:
- Camps & activities, supporting events as our groups open from May 2021 for 6 months
- Common Ground, supporting camp preparations for 12 months from September 2021
- Lockerbrook, supporting the reopening of the centre for 12 months from Summer 2021
- Communications, supporting social media and website development for 12 months from September 2021
- Cudham, supporting the reopening of the centre for 6 months from October 2021
- Biblins, supporting the centre to deliver activities on site for 6 months from April 2022
Woodcraft Folk Trustees are delighted to give such development opportunities to young people, whilst building the capacity of our team to support the reopening of Woodcraft Folk following 12 months of COVID restrictions.
These placement follow the successful placement undertaken by Tomasso during 2020, who joined us to support Common Ground and due to the event postponement was engaged in supporting #DreamBgitAtHome activities.
The ESC Scheme
The European Solidarity Corps scheme support young people aged 18-30 years to undertake full time volunteering placements across Europe. All placements must contribute to:
- encouraging democratic participation
- fighting social exclusion
- protecting nature
- promoting health and wellbeing
- promoting education and training
- working with migrant communities.
For more information visit https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity_en