Welcome to volunteering with Woodcraft Folk!
Woodcraft Folk runs on the passion and energy of thousands of volunteers. For over eighty-five years, we've been working with children and young people to develop their self-confidence and ability to act in society. Volunteers are right at the heart of this work and we're always looking for more, to strengthen our groups and create new ones.
Volunteering with us could give you the chance to work with young people, support a local community organisation and attend exciting, amazing events…and much more besides. It can be inspiring, enriching and life-changing. Click here to read more about what volunteering may involve, and what it can offer you.
It’s really easy!
Have a read of our Volunteer Guide to find out more about how Woodcraft Folk works and the range of ways to get involved.
Fill in an expression of interest form, to let us know where you’re based and what types of activities you’re interested in. We’ll get back to you with more information and put you in touch with volunteer co-ordinators in your local area.
We are committed to supporting our volunteers, and offer:
- A welcome pack to new volunteers
- Online information to support new volunteers and group leaders
- Training to develop new skills and ensure all our volunteers feel confident in their roles (see upcoming training dates)
- Expenses to cover travel or equipment costs, as agreed with the local branch (‘District’)
- Public Liability cover
- A mentoring scheme to support volunteers in new roles
- Resources and policies on our website for guidance and support
We ask our volunteers to:
- Treat everyone associated with the organisation (children and adults) with courtesy and respect
- Co-operate with other volunteers and staff
- Understand and follow safeguarding, health and safety, equal opportunities and data protection policies
- Undertake relevant training when necessary
Woodcraft Folk has a volunteer policy, which gives further detail and is important reading for new and existing volunteers. Click here to find out more.