Join Woodcraft Folk
At Woodcraft Folk we believe passionately in equality and co-operation – everyone is welcome to join our groups.
Every week thousands of volunteers and young people meet in school halls, community venues and a host of other places to learn about big ideas through fun activities like singing, playing and debating. Our aim is to have great fun, but also to try and develop children’s self-confidence and build their awareness of society around them. Through our activities, outings and camps we help our members understand important issues like the environment, world debt and global conflict and, in recent years, we have focused on sustainable development.
By encouraging children to think, we hope they will help build a peaceful, fairer world.
Why join Woodcraft Folk?
- It is a great way of supporting Woodcraft Folk’s work.
- It allows you to keep up to date with what we are doing via regular e-newsletters and The Courier, our termly newspaper.
- It means you can volunteer regularly with our groups or attend residential events.
Who joins Woodcraft Folk?
- Volunteers with our groups – if you are regularly volunteering with our young people or going on a residential then you need to be a member.
- Parents of our young people – becoming a member allows parents to keep up to date with what we're doing as an organisation and to be more in touch with what their children are involved in.
- District Fellows – our semi-autonomous 16-21 year old age group have their own elected committee, camps and events. Some meet in local groups or help with their local district and others are ‘lone members’ involved on a national level.
- Children and young people who attend our groups – there is no age restriction on membership and some of our young people choose to be members in their own right, as well as through attending a regular group night. Membership for under 16s is free.
- Supporters – those who share our values and want to regularly support us and be a part of our organisation; these include people who were involved when they were younger, people from the co-operative and trade union movements and those with a local group but without the time or skills to volunteer.
How much does it cost to join?
- Waged: £30 a year - a direct debit option to pay this in installments through the year is available.
- Low income / unwaged: £12 a year - a direct debit option to pay this in installments through the year is available.
- Under 16 years old: Free.
- 16 year olds who want to join for a special 5 year membership can do so for £60 (5 x £12 low income / unwaged rate).
How do I join Woodcraft Folk?
- Join online:
- You first need to create a user account on this site. Please go to the user registration page and follow the instructions listed there. We just need your email address and a username - please supply the email address you'd like all your Woodcraft membership communications to go to.
- After creating your user account, log into the website and click on the join / renew button in the top right hand corner of the screen.
- You'll be taken to the payment page where you can pay for your membership securely and easily on line.
- If you decide to make you membership fees by Direct Debit you will need to create your DD instruction first and then go the 'my account' section (found in the 'logged in as box' to bottom left of the homepage) to complete your personal information and submit.
- Once you've joined, a member of the national office will be in touch if you are regularly volunteering with young people, to welcome you to Woodcraft Folk and complete our safeguarding procedure (references and DBS application).
2. Or join through your local district:
- Speak to your District Membership Secretary and they will be able to process your membership on paper.
How do I find out more about membership?
- If you have any questions about joining, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're already a member of Woodcraft Folk, and want to renew your membership, log in and visit www.woodcraft.org.uk/member. Please DO NOT use this registration section. To get a reminder of your log in details, just click 'request new password' in the dark green box in the top right of the site.