Woodcraft Folk is seeking a dynamic and flexible individual to co-ordinate the support and development of our volunteers and weekly groups for young people. This full-time role is offered on a fixed-term contract until 31 March 2023. All necessary equipment will be provided to support the successful candidate to work from home.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- overseeing our safeguarding and screening checks for volunteers
- offering advice, support and training to new groups across the UK
- creating online content and preparing written guidance to keep our donors and volunteers engaged and informed
- maintain and develop our systems for supporting and connecting our groups and volunteers
- support recruitment of new volunteers and young members for our group network
The successful candidate will have previous experience of managing volunteers, or of working in a membership organisation. This will be complemented by excellent communication skills, the ability to manage competing priorities and relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, together with a sound understanding of the principles of safeguarding children and young people.
Experience of delivering training or of working in a youth work setting, would be an advantage in this role. Knowledge of data protection principles would also be highly beneficial.
An enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
Applications close on Monday 29 November at 5pm.
Interviews will be held via video call in the week beginning Monday 6 December November.
We aim for the successful candidate to start in post by Monday 31 January.