How to find other group leaders
Finding other committed leaders is the key to a successful group. Leaders are recruited through a range of methods - you could try:
- Your friendship group
- Local Volunteer Centre
- Student Volunteering Centre
- Posters & leaflets in the local library
- Parents of children wishing to attend the group
- Identify organisation with students who need to work with children e.g. childcare, Duke of Edinburgh, Teacher training, 6th form civic service
- Contact like-minded societies such as Co-operative member groups, university societies, GREENs, Trade Unionists
- Outdoor enthusiasts e.g. wildlife groups, ramblers
- An article in your local newspaper
Contact the Woodcraft Folk office if you'd like us to send you publicity materials to help you do these things, or download and print publicity from the website.
For more support in growing your group, visit the Growing Groups page.