Publish Your Own News
As a member of Woodcraft Folk, you can create several types of content for the website:
You must be logged in to create any of these. Use the boxes in the top right of the page to do this.
Then choose the type of content you want to add. If you're sharing a story about something your group or district has done, 'news story' will usually be the best option. There are a few things to remember:
- All news stories need an image, which you should either upload first by going to the 'Create image' page or by selecting an image already in the image gallery from within your news story. Please make sure you've got permission to use anything you add yourself. It's also worth resizing the image so it's not huge, although the website will resize anything bigger than its maximum dimensions.
- Go to the 'Create news story' page to add your story. You can either copy and paste something you've already written, using the little clipboard icon above the 'body' box, or write it from scratch in the 'body' box. Don't paste copy directly into the box. Try to make your paragraphs short and include contact details if you're happy to be contacted by readers.
- The body copy and the title are the essential things in your news story, and the other fields are for adding details that will help people find your story once it's published on the site. You can specify which Woodcraft groups are featured in it, where it happened and use the 'tags' field to list themes or projects relevant to the story, eg camping, peace, climate change.
- To use an image already uploaded to the website, put the cursor at the point in the text where you want the image to appear, and then click on the icon of a photo of a mountain, towards the far right of the 'body' box menu. Then choose an image from the pop-up box and decide whether you want it on the left or right of the page. Text will wrap around it automatically if you've positioned it next to a paragraph.
- Don't forget to click 'save' when you've finished creating your news story. You can preview it before you save to see if it looks the way you want it to.
All content will be checked before it's published on the site, except for individual comments and images. We'll try to publish your news as quickly as possible but if you can't see your news/event/resource within two working days, send us a reminder at email@example.com.