Volunteer for Lockerbrook Working Weekend
Volunteer for Lockerbrook Working Weekend!
(16) 17-18 November 2012
Official start is at 9am on Saturday and it finishes about 3pm on Sunday. People are Welcome to arrive Friday Night but will have to provide their own food for Friday evening and Saturday Morning. There will be a night walk quiz treasurer hunt extravaganza on Friday Night.
Lockerbrook Outdoor Centre. All accommodation is free. You get a bed and this view (right) for free!!
Venturer age up. Under 18s will need a responsible over 21y/o to accompany them (4 under 18s per over 21)
The weekend will comprise: work all day Saturday, AGM and social Saturday night, work Sunday including cleaning and preparing for the next group.
Work consists of helping build, fix and improve Lockerbrook by
- Gardening & pruning
- Fixing the track
- Power Spraying paths and steps
- Clearing leaves
- Chopping wood into piles
- Painting walls and benches
- Building new things that will be revealed at the weekend!
We ask people to get here and get home under their own steam - we can’t coordinate lifts and car sharing from the office but you can amongst yourselves or on this Facebook event.
The nearest train station is Bamford. The number 222 bus goes from the Station to Fairholmes which is less than one mile's walk to Lockerbrook.
Participants are encouraged to make a donation to food costs.
Lockerbrook's AGM is held at the weekend and planning for the most creative way of doing an AGM has gone underway. This is one AGM you won't want to miss.
There will also be a Lockerbrook Management Committee meeting which can be observed by anyone.
- Really fun
- You get to wear overalls and high vis jackets!
- You get to meet more Woodcraft People
- You then get to spend time not only working with those wonderful new people you just met, but you get to socialise with them too!
- You can add it to your list of volunteering/CV
- You get to go to Lockerbrook and look at the view again
- You can sit around the new wood burning stove Lockerbrook has.
- You can get out of busy annoying life and into the countryside
Fill in the form below and email to the Lockerbrook Office at:
by 5pm 7th November 2012
Signed hard copies for under 18s can be brought to the event. All bookings need to be emailed before this though.
Any other enquiries send to the above address or ask on this Facebook event.
|Lockerbrook Working Weekend 2012 - booking form.doc||40.5 KB|